3.03.2009

speechless

I'm actually surprised that some people have wanted to know and asked for my opinion on the events which have transpired over the last two nights on the bachelor...
So, for what its worth...a bunch of random thoughts...

First let me preface my thoughts with NO MATTER WHO HE PICKED,
I don't think it will actually work...
that happily ever after blissful marriage, that for some strange reason we all idealize.
(Don't get me wrong, marriage can be blissful but we all know by now that it takes work and the ups come with the downs.)

That said, no matter what the circumstances are, IT IS NEVER EASY
to brake off an engagement, trust me on this one.
So I have to give Jason props for that,
knowing that the entire country would harshly judge him for his decision
(me being one of them at first...now I could really care less).
However, with how upset he was after sending Molly home,
he should have NEVER proposed to Melissa.
He could have chosen Melissa,
but he didn't HAVE TO propose!

The grass is always greener on the other side.
I honestly think that no matter who he originally chose,
he would be in the exact same predicament...
meaning...
He was left to always wonder about the other.

Lastly, I think Deanna influenced his decision to pick Melissa
because she was the "safe" choice.
He took Deanna's advice to heart by not choosing the "fun" one.
But then he got caught in the ugly trap of the show...
NO CLOSURE!

Its sad..I feel really bad for Melissa.
Nobody likes to get their heart broken!
But I think she handled it really well.

On a positive note...
I'm still loving Jillian
and I'm so happy she is the next Bachelorette...
You can bet your buck
I'll be watching...

Here's to some great TV!
Gotta love the drama...
You know you do!

5 comments:

Rowley's said...

Amen to all of what you just said. I do however wish that he would have done all he could to NOT break up with Melissa on television. I understand he is/was under contract with the show, but he could have stuck it out until it was all said and done. Now many people say that would have been leading her on but they could have worked out their PRIVATE issues in private. I also felt really bad for Melissa obviously. But the thing that made me really upset about it all was not necessarily the break up itself, it was the fact that he was making out with Molly moments later. I think your right that whoever he choose, this probably would have happened because he was in love with both. But it didn't have too. He needs to learn to close off his heart to others when he is trying to make it work with someone. And how long before it is not all bliss with Molly and he runs? Relationships take work and I agree with Melissa you have to fight for them if you want them to work.

So there you have it Ashley you opened my Bachelor gates : ) Sorry about that. I too can't wait for the Bachelorette!

Unknown said...

dito to your post ashley! and dito to your comment. I {heart} you too!!! Very well said! :-) p.s. I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting! ugh.

Unknown said...

she's so cute!

Our Family said...

What a CRAZY show! I agree with what you said. I also agree with Lenae that he should have waited a little (til his contract was over) to end things with Melissa and start things with Molly. They said on the news that it wouldn't matter when he mad that change (on the show or off) that he is in the public eye and everyone would know but it just seemed so taky on the show. I know there were weeks in between the proposal and the after show but it was weird to watch the very cute proposal and then 2 minutes later the break up and then him begging for Molly back. I also got the impression that Jason had contacted Molly before. Well, I could go on for days about this...so I am just looking forward to Jillian being the Bachelorette! It will be a good season! Hopefully no hot tub scenes! Gross!!!

Jamie said...

i could ramble on and on about this, but i am so over it now, so all i'll say is ditto! : )

and i am so excited for jill! love that girl!