Brooklynn is going on 10 days now
with this ear infection...
which also means I am going on 10 nights
of restless, interrupted sleep!
Her symptoms are slowly but surely dissolving, but in all honesty still around!
She is at least back to her normal self,
other than the NOT sleeping through the night thing...
Since I am too tired in the middle of the night
to try to get her back to sleep in her crib,
I break my rules and put her in bed with us!
Not such a great idea...
some things I've learned while B has been sleeping with me...
She grinds her teeth at night!
She thinks I am a jungle gym and lays all over me...whatever makes her comfortable.
She doesn't understand pulling my hair, tangled in the night, HURTS!
She most definitely prefers to snuggle with mommy over daddy!
She likes to sit up in the middle of the night, look around, and then lay back down and go to sleep.
I do NOT sleep well with B in the same bed as me.
I loose my patience easily when I am tired (wait...I already knew that)
Even if Paul wanted to help in the night (which, lets be honest he isn't jumping at the chance), B won't let him...she only wants ME!
For B's sake and mine, I hope this ear infection goes away soon
and NEVER comes back!
with this ear infection...
which also means I am going on 10 nights
of restless, interrupted sleep!
Her symptoms are slowly but surely dissolving, but in all honesty still around!
She is at least back to her normal self,
other than the NOT sleeping through the night thing...
Since I am too tired in the middle of the night
to try to get her back to sleep in her crib,
I break my rules and put her in bed with us!
Not such a great idea...
some things I've learned while B has been sleeping with me...
She grinds her teeth at night!
She thinks I am a jungle gym and lays all over me...whatever makes her comfortable.
She doesn't understand pulling my hair, tangled in the night, HURTS!
She most definitely prefers to snuggle with mommy over daddy!
She likes to sit up in the middle of the night, look around, and then lay back down and go to sleep.
I do NOT sleep well with B in the same bed as me.
I loose my patience easily when I am tired (wait...I already knew that)
Even if Paul wanted to help in the night (which, lets be honest he isn't jumping at the chance), B won't let him...she only wants ME!
For B's sake and mine, I hope this ear infection goes away soon
and NEVER comes back!








2 comments:
I am so sorry she has had an ear infection. Alli has had one, but it seems to be going away now. I had to laugh reading about what you have learned because I have learned those same things recently- I hate my hair being pulled in the night, she lays all over-which results in neck/back aches in the morning for me and she also prefers me over Ryan (who like Paul doesn't exactly mind this, but some times during the night I need a break and can't have one). Ahhh- so sorry you are having this, but it is nice to know Alli isn't the only one. Good luck!
Ugh! That's hard.
Do you think you need to go back to the doctor? It seems that the antibiotics should have done better. Maybe she needs something stronger.
Give her kisses for me.
Post a Comment