3.18.2009

completely obsessed

with this years AMERICAN IDOL.
I am so anxious for tonight...time is not going fast enough.
Only one more hour!
.....

My Top 5 favorites and why:

MATT: Love, love, love his voice...and the way he plays the piano is to die for! There is just something sexy about this guy...not sure what it is...but I am a HUGE fan...have been since day one! So glad they brought him back as a wild card! Hope in the weeks to come the judges start shinning the spotlight on him as a stand out, cause I think he is. Last nights performance of Carrie Underwood's So Small has to be my favorite yet! Have to admit I have a little crush!


KRIS: Thought maybe at first he and is wife were LDS, but now I'm not so sure. He is forgettable at times which is a bummer, but has a great voice! Loved his performances the last two weeks! He kind of reminds me of Paul with his guitar and clean-cut look...although Paul is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better looking!


DANNY: He obviously has the best voice, and the most control. Love that he just goes for it and does not hold back! Think it is so sweet that he still wears his wedding ring. His last two performances have been absolutely incredible!


ALLISON: She is the only girl I like. She is so cute and raw...reminds me of Pink. Just a huge fan...hope she stays around for a long time.


ADAM: He is Paul's favorite. I CANNOT decide if he is gay or straight (what do ya'll think?). Loved, loved, loved his take on Michael Jackson's Black or White (Have probably watched that performance at least a dozen times)- obviously last night was terrible, to say the least...it felt a little satanic. BUT...there is something about his stage presence and dancing that is sexy. He is so comfortable, you can tell he is in his element.


The others: Lil Rounds is good but just not super impressed, the blind guy, Scott, needs to go...he keeps getting the sympathy vote but lets be real people he cannot sing..and please put some sunglasses on him, I do like Michael Sarver...he reminds me of Josh Gracin, but I don't think he'll last, Anoop did resurrect himself last night, but he is not a performer and should go, Alexis Grace I do like too but she is a little too naughty for me...cannot stand the pink highlights either... but she does have really great voice, AND Megan Joy drives me crazy...her dance moves, and goofy personality and that TATTOO...ugh.



12 comments:

Kristin said...

Totally with you on the satanic performace by Adam. That was scary. And I'm right there with you on the girls. Not too impressed. Right now I think Matt is my fav. But Kris is not far behind for me.

Tiffanie White said...

Hey Ashley. I came across your blog a bit ago and added you to mine... You can add me too if you'd like. Its a nice way to keep up with everyone although I've only had mine for a few months :)

Anyway, I HAD to comment on this post. I'm guilty of being a big fan too. I will plan my night around watching the shows! Sad! So yes, Adam is gay, I heard him talking about it on a show and he said he has nothing to hide. As for Megan, OH MY. I could not agree with you anymore... her dance moves make me want to throw something at the tv when she starts that. I don't know where she gets them from but I am sure they do her NO good!! I haven't necessarily picked my favorites just yet but have a few I really like!

BTW, your daughter is so dang cute. She is like a mini Ashley. I am sure you're a proud mommy!! I need to catch up with everyone that has kids now that I'm married :)

Brit n' Ryan said...

Have to say...I HATE Adam! I do agree with all your other opinions though, you're dead on! I really like Matt too. Megan's dancing looks like she can't control her muscle spasms or she has tourettes? Either way I can't stand watching her. And Scott really doesn't sing too well, he should have been in the bottom 3 instead of Allison. Anyways, really liked your take on the show!

RYAN RIDLEY said...

I am all caught up on the show... I am kinda glad Alexis is gone. I really didnt like her... and i laughed so hard when Randy forgot her name and called her Allison last night.. haha
Matt had the best performance by far last week.. it was so good. But....Matt, Chris,Allison and Danny are my favorites.
If Anoop steps his game up like he did..WATCH OUT.
I like Megan too...Just something unique about her. Not the best vocalist but she is different and thats what i like about her. Awkward at times but sexy!
Cant wait for next week. haha

Meradith said...

Hey girl my vote is gay even though I haven't been watching (I hate to admit it to you!) but I will tell you, you inspire me and make me want to be a bigger AI fan. ps I feel like I haven't seen you in forever even though it hasn't even been a week. Is that weird?

Jamie said...

i love matt and chris! but am not a huge fan of adam at all...

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenna said...

you like lambert?!??!
i cant even be in the same room as him when he sings. his leather pants with silver crotch zippers, blue high lights, black nails, awful acne, weird singing....all of it just makes me so uncomfortable. but i love you anyway.

dede said...

yeah love this show too, it is the highlight of my week. I love Danny, Matt, Kris a lot for the guys. I like Allison but when she talks I have to fast forward it. She reminds me of Kelly Clarkson. I really love Megan a lot. She is my favorite girl. I think her voice is so unique. I always say would I buy their CD and listen to it in my car? Her totally! I think she is new and modern. Adam totally gay. Tell Paul I don't like his boyfriend ha ha. So annoying I fast forward his songs. I really can't stand him. His V necks and tight pants.. enough said.. I liked alexis too I was sad she didn't make it to at least the top 10. She deserved it over a few left.

Anonymous said...

Ashley I love your blog!!! We have one too www.brianafickling.wordpress.com anyways my hubby and I watch American Idol every week and I was telling him about our dance to Black or White for the talent show and about our fabulous outfits...haha hope you're doing well I'm so sorry about Brooklynn's ears, I hope everything goes well!
xoxo
Briana

jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenna said...

death to adam
love andrew