2.04.2010

Today

my little, but clumsy girl fell down our stairs! Yes, she tumbled down half the flight of stairs and then landed at the bottom on our hard tile floor! That has been my worst fear since moving into our house with stairs. Not sure what she was doing, because normally she is excellent on the stairs, however she does tend to be a little bit of a klutz, always running into things and "bonking" her head as we like to call it. Gratefully she was okay and recovered quickly. She also really enjoyed the Tylenol I gave her to help with any pain or headache I was certain she would soon feel. While I continued to shake from the incident and feel sick to my stomach she quickly returned to the stairs and within moments everything was back to normal for her, after mommy kissed all of her boo boos better of course (she loves that these days).


But her tricks for the day were not done yet. My little miss Brooklynn, who has never been a climber or dare devil, started yelling at me from the other room, "I want down!", which is usually what she yells when she is done eating in her high chair. Since I knew I had not put her on anything that she would "want down" from I was curious what she was talking about. To my surprise, I walk into the dining room and find her sitting on top of our table! Yes she somehow pulled out a chair, climbed on top of it and then climbed on the table! I could hardly believe my eyes...this is a new phase for her. Guess I better start keeping a closer and better eye out for her.
Needless to say at the end of today I am grateful my Brooklynn is still in one piece!



What a little stinker!

3 comments:

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Oh I hate that. Afton has down that three times now. Once she was on a little car. (I don't know why we had that upstairs). I am glad your sweetie is okay. I seriously can not believe how much hair she has. I know none of my children will be like that. My side of the family is so bald when they are little.

A Erickson said...

They all have to do that at least once-the falling down the stairs thing-good thing they are resilient!

The Forbes said...

What a silly girl. She is just too cute!!