I can't believe our beautiful tiny Maylee is nearing two months old! I say the days go by slow, but the weeks fly by! She has started to regularly sleep 6 hours straight at night, which is AWESOME. I'm hoping in the next week or two she will start sleeping 8 hours straight! She naps like a champ during the day...in her swing of course. She loves to be moving...either rocking or swaying or bouncing in someone's arms. She has started to smile every now and again...haven't caught it on camera yet though. Her dimple is very apparant and her eyes still seem to be staying blue. **Fingers crossed** She has been having a more difficult time after each feeding with the spit up and gas. I'm sure she has reflex just like Brooklynn did. We have turned to large receiving blankets now for burp rags because SO much comes up that the tiny burp rags just weren't cutting it anymore. We like to follow feedings with tummy time to help get everything up that wants to come up. Needless to say she fusses quite a bit after each feeding cause her belly hurts. I feel so bad. We give her some gas medicine to help, and sometimes I see that it does. She is getting really long but still feels really tiny. Just a few days ago we moved up to size 1 diapers. She still fits in the newborns but size 1 just seemed more comfy! Still wearing newborn clothes, and some of those still look so big on her! I have tried 0-3 month sizes as well, they all seem too big on her but oh well! Her hair seems to have thinned a little, but luckily no balding spots YET! Paul and I were just trying last night to remember when Brooklynn's hair started to go crazy and we think it was around 3 months, so we will see if Maylee's will do the same.
I was just thinking the other day, it's amazing how much laundry I do now as a family of four and how many trips to the grocery store I make. Those two things happen very frequently...can't imagine what those two activities will feel like as our family continues to grow!









3 comments:
I can't believe you are as obsessed with blue eyes as Josh and Paul are!! I have never been a huge fan, but I feel GUILTY about "ruining" Josh's blue eyes for our kids (as Josh puts it).
Oh, and I don't know what brand of diapers you're using, but Huggies size 1 are a little bigger than Pampers Newborn and a little smaller than Pampers size 1. I loved them because I felt like Pampers size 1 were WAY bigger than their newborn size. I can't believe she can already do size 1!!! It took Violet like 2 1/2 months to get there!
Ashley!
I just read through a lot of your posts and thought I would tell you that I think you are such an amazing person, and a great wife and mom. It makes me happy to see you so happy and successful. Keep up the good work!!! Your girls are beautiful and lucky to have you as their madre. :) And I LOVE those hats! If I didn't live in Canada, SO far away, I would buy 2 from you for my girls!
Post a Comment