2.23.2010

Maylee Kate- 2 months!


It's hard to believe 2 months have already passed since giving birth to our beautiful baby girl! She is growing and changing everyday. We are all so in love with her. Her 2-month check up isn't until next week so I'll have to update her stats then but for now we have a few other things to document about her...

* She loves to be moving...she is pretty much addicted to her swing (we've already gone through so many batteries because she loves to be in it). I'm trying to break her habit of napping in it...super tough because she will sleep for 4 hours+ in that thing without making a peep, but anywhere else her naps are short lived.
* She gets this pouty frown when she cries and I think it is the cutest thing ever!
* She is sleeping about 6 straight hours a night (so anxious to get this to be longer).
* When she first falls asleep she doesn't close her eyes all the way...it's so creepy looking to me that I gently close her eyelids for her!
* She has some strong lungs and has a difficult time soothing herself....either that or I give in too quickly and don't give her enough time to "work it out".
* She takes a binki.
* She has reflux and major gas problems which cause her belly to hurt quite often...poor thing. In fact, we have upgraded to receiving blankets as burp rags because the small cloths just were NOT cutting it anymore, and we SOAK a receiving blanket EVERY feeding.
* She is not a huge fan of tummy time.
*She just started smiling more frequently and responding to our playfulness. Last night was the first smile caught on camera...we were so excited!
* She loves to have her bum patted while being held.
* She loves the swaddle blanket my neighbor, Beth, made. When she is wrapped up in it, we call her "The Maylee Burrito".
* She loves bath time.
* She is a great nurser.
* Her fingers are double-jointed and bend far backwards...especially when she is sleeping in your arms.
* The thing people notice the most about her and comment on ALL the time is her hair...she has lots of it!
* She looks more and more like her daddy everyday and less and less like her sister Brooklynn.
* She has the cutest dimple in her left cheek.
* Still has those blue eyes and her eyelashes are starting to grow very long!
* She loves to be held over your shoulder

We are enjoying every moment with her and are happy to see her grow. Bis sister Brooklynn is anxious for her to be a little more playful so she has a playmate EVERYDAY! It must be said, we simply can't get enough of our Maylee Kate!

4 comments:

jenna said...

she looks so much like violet to me in this picture!!! we need to get together soon...once i'm over this horrific cold and have a phone again. ugh. summer come!

Our Family said...

I miss you guys sooo much!!! Maylee is so cute! You need to come visit soon!!!

Mellanie said...

Ash she is so stinking cute! Avy loved her swing too. I was buying batteries almost every week. I hope u have better luck breaking that habit than I did. Avarey slept in her swing till she was 5 months.

A Erickson said...

What a doll. She is adorable.