11.11.2008

Happy Anniversary!

Okay so our 3rd anniversary is only a week away! Cannot believe how fast time flies, while at the same time feeling like we've been married FOREVER already. Weird how that works. Anyways, we decided instead of doing a weekend away or some big night out this year, we would treat ourselves to a few new purchases that we have been wanting/needing instead. So we purchased a front load washer and dryer set and we FINALLY got ourselves a KING SIZED BED- I know can you believe I've been sleeping next to my 6'4'' husband with lethal knees and elbows for three years in a queen sized bed?!! I have the bruises to prove it. The bed was kind of a funny story. We found something we thought we liked but weren't sure if we wanted to spend that much money so we continued shopping around and found another mattress very similar (or at least we thought at the time) to the one we really liked only it was like 60% off so we bought it. My brother helped Paul carry it up to our 3rd floor unit and we could hardly wait to go to sleep that night. Haha joke was on us. Let's just say I ended up sleeping in our guest bedroom for the night because my back was aching from our BRAND NEW BED! I was so mad! Literally I was in tears because since it was 60% off it was a final sale-no returns, no exchanges. I thought we were so screwed. I even started a post to sell it on craigslist the next morning, but luckily we didn't have to because Paul called the place we bought it at and worked out a deal to exchange our mattress for our washer and dryer. It was a win win for us and the store. So we brought home the washer and dryer. Best purchase ever because Paul was so excited he stayed up til 1 am setting them up and then the next morning did all the laundry- 3 loads- folded and hung everything up! Can you believe it! I was amazed. It was a blissful day...that alone was a great anniversary gift. So we did get an amazing mattress too. In fact, Paul is just about ready to go pick it up. Thanks to my cousin Pat too, who got us a 5% family discount! Every little penny helps! I am so excited now to go to sleep tonight...on a mattress I already know I really, really love. So Happy Anniversary to us! I love Paul...he truly does spoil me. And now our anniversary dinner next week is going to be at McDonalds...Dollar menu here we come. j/k.

4 comments:

jenna said...

happy anniversary! maybe we'll do something like that this year and count all these blasted baby purchases as our present! i LOVE the washer and dryer. and YOU will love them. they are the best!

Breanne said...

Yippee for a washer & dryer! That is awesome. I'm glad Pat was able to help you with your mattress, and they have a great policy if you need to exchange it too.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

We tried the queen-sized bed for a while too--never again. Nice washer and dryer--it seems it worked out well!

Unknown said...

it was so good to see you ashley...as always. when we parted ways josh said "i like ashley a lot!" just randomly. haha anywho i never thought i'd say this but i cannot WAIT to get my own big washer and dryer. Yours are just beautiful (that sounds funny but really they are!) and I was laughing out loud about the mattress...ashley+not a good night sleep= not a good thing!!!! :-)