Our hospital stay this time around was only for one day, so we were able to come home on Christmas Eve. Unlike our first experience, Paul didn't stay at the hospital with me. He went home to be with our precious Brooklynn and to actually get a good nights sleep. I had the most amazing nursing staff so I actually also got a lot of rest, which was very much needed since I had been up all night with contractions then labor and delivery! (As you can see in the pictures I am just exhausted...much more so than I was with Brooklynn's labor and delivery even though hers was so much longer).
Our visitors to the hospital included my mom (who was actually there for everything...labor and delivery...and is still here helping with recovery- CANNOT imagine doing all of that without her..so grateful for her and love her so much...especially for sacrificing being away from my dad and the rest of my family over Christmas so that she could be here with me), Auntie Stephy and baby James, Gramps, Gran, Uncle Joshie, Aunt Cassie, Cousin Violet, Aunt Tammy & Uncle Buzz, and Ryan & Jess & Linkin Alspach.
Since being home we have discovered that Maylee does look a lot like Brooklynn did as a newborn but with a smaller head and more of daddy's genes in her! I keep telling Paul he makes a really pretty girl! haha. She also has the MOST adorable dimple on her left cheek. I am not sure where my girls get their dimples because neither Paul or I have any. But I'll take them! She is nursing super well- every 3-4 hours, and sleeping a ton of course. I feed her at about 11 pm, put her to bed, she wakes up at 3ish to eat again, back to sleep until 7ish, eat again and then sleep some more until 11. And since my mom is here taking care of Brooklynn in the mornings I have also been able to sleep in until about 10:30 for the last several days and it has been WONDERFUL! I then get to take a nap with my little Brooklynn in the afternoon. How will I survive when mom leaves?? Ugh.











5 comments:
she's absolutely perfect ashley and paul...congrats you two!!!
Such sweet pictures Ash! I am so glad baby Maylee is here now! James is happy too!!!
Glad you guys are home and all is well! Hope you are enjoying all of your family (well, most of them)! Oh yes...and the bows really are back aren't they...OH MY!?!
Long time no talk...but I love your blog :) Congrats! and I love the big bows.
oh my goodness she's so cute!! Good job! love the pics :)
Post a Comment