12.15.2009

Great with Child

What an interesting time of year to be 9 months pregnant and expecting to deliver a baby any day! This Christmas season my thoughts have often turned to the mother of Jesus, Mary, and all that she experienced and felt preparing for the birth of her son, The Savior of the World! I can't even imagine the circumstances and the emotions that followed! What a wonderful woman, a great example of selflessness.

As I am preparing for the birth of our second baby girl, I can't help but feel gratitude for so many things! I am grateful for a husband who desires the same things as me, who values family the way I do, and who works so hard to support us all! I am grateful for extended family who love us unconditionally and are always there to lend a hand of help and support! I am grateful for modern medicine and health during this season of illness. I am grateful for the opportunity and trust my Father in Heaven has in me (and Paul) to rear and guide His children on this Earth, and I am grateful (although my husband may think otherwise...as at times I have too) to experience carrying a child of my very own. Pregnancy is an amazing thing and if anything it has made me appreciate my own mom soooooo much more for the sacrifices she has made. I tell her quite frequently, now having experienced pregnancy myself, I can't believe she had 5 kids (her pregnancies were all far more difficult than mine). Although I am not anxious for the upcoming sleepless nights and a little nervous for the adjustment to two children, I am extremely anxious to have her out of my belly and to finally hold her in my arms! I am also anxious to see how Brooklynn responds to her baby sister out of mommies tummy! No doubt the next few weeks are going to be full of celebration in our home and we could not be more happy about it! It's hard to believe that this time is actually finally here! Kind of weird! When did I grow up and become a wife and mother of two? Funny how life kind of creeps up on you... In fact I just recently came across my 2009 list of goals (I like to write goals every new year and then at Christmas time read over my list and see how I did). This year was a big one for me and I accomplished all that I set out to do... graduate from BYU, buy a house, and have baby #2! I would say 2009 was successful. My 2010 goals aren't quite as ambitious, but nonetheless just as valuable and important! I am excited for a new year, a new beginning, a new baby, and new adventures for our little growing family!

No comments: