8.03.2009

Laughlin/California Trip

This last week Brooklynn and I surprised many family members for a visit to California and a trip to the river. It has been a much needed get away but at the same time it is HARD to leave Paul behind (poor guy has not had a summer break in 8 years!). He was anxious to see pictures of Brooklynn at the river so I am posting especially for him! The daddy was very nervous for B to be at the river without him there to supervise but we came out alive and well and sunburnt free! Brooklynn loved every moment on the river. She called the Lake "the pool"...it was so cute! She was a champ at leaving her hat on and happily played in the sand and water pretty much all day! She loved to jump off the back of Grandpa's boat into someone's arms and the water! She even took a nap both days! We also took her out on a jet ski...nice and slow in our little cove and she was a natural! It was the highlight of Grandpa's vacation...taking his daughter and granddaughter out on his jet ski! It was a great trip...everyone was so happy we were there...but it would have been so much better if daddy were there too! Makes me sad just thinking about it :(

Brooklynn on the airplane coming to California...

as always she was such a champ!

She recevied several compliments after landing at what a great traveler she is!



Ready with Grandma and Grandpa for the first day on the boat!

Brooklynn floated in the water with Grandma on the first day and fell asleep!
It was priceless.




Just hanging out!


Oh how pretty we all are at the end of a long day on the boat!

First jet ski ride with mommy and Grandpa!


I think this is the last trip her life jacket will fit!
She actually didn't mind it but she is getting so big now.

Brooklynn and Mommy.
Brooklynn is so used to pictures being taken of her now that she will smile on her own as soon as she sees the camera.

Nice and slow.

Waving hi to all her fans watching!


Oh daddy I was so sleepy. Mommy and Grandma and Soana and Karrie
made me a nice make-shift bed with a cool, damp towel underneath
so I wouldn't get too hot while I was sleeping!
Nighty-night!


This is pretty much what she did the entire time! She loved it!


I see that camera mommy! CHEESE!

Happy girl!

Her Croc shoes worked perfectly to walk around in.




Brooklynn and Mommy at the end of the first day!

Mmmm... I love apples!

I'm "SO BIG!"

All ready for Day #2

Auntie Shayna and Brooklynn

Brookylnn made a friend, Sadie, the 2nd day at our little campsite in our cove.
Sadie was 4 months older, but they enjoyed looking at each other!


Oh I love Grandpa's boat!


I see that camera...again!

Playing peek-a-boo with Grandma at the end of the 2nd day!

Oh Daddy...we love and miss you so much! Can't wait to see you...and soon!
XOXOXOXO!

6 comments:

Mellanie said...

Brooklynn is such a Mini Ashley!She is just too freaking cute, I can't wait to meet her!

jenna said...

sitting here with paul missing you guys like crazy!!!!! FUN PICS!

Mom :) said...

Cute!

Our Family said...

Wish I could have been there! Miss you tons and tons!!!

Janelle Nelson said...

I love all her suits they are adorable!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh she is so adorable! It makes me so excited for the months to come with Addie. Little girls are the best! Your baby bump is so cute too, can't wait to see what you're having :)