3 weeks ago we went into a birthing center ultrasound place to find out the gender of the baby (we were referred there by a friend...but had no idea it was an hour away). While we were there baby was not cooperating...it was moving all over the place, sitting on its bum with its hands between its legs. The lady could not get a very good shot but thought from one picture it was probably a boy...65% chance she said. Okay I thought...my suspicions since the get-go have been that this is a boy...I was right with B so we shall see. She told me not to buy anything just yet but come back in a few weeks and she would do another for free to give me 100%. She told me not to book an appointment but rather to just call and see what her schedule was like and then just come in...So here we are to today...
I called last week and they told me to come in between 9-1 on Wednesday. So Paul, Brooklynn and I took the two-hour round trip trek this morning to this lovely birthing center, arriving at about 11am, and as we are pulling into the parking lot, Paul thinks he sees the ultrasound lady leaving...and sure enough it was her! The front desk lady called her and asked her to come back but she refused...asking me to come back next week! I was annoyed to say the least! I told the front desk lady that we live an hour away and I had called to see what her schedule was like and they told me to come in any time between 9 and 1 and it was only 11! But apparently she wanted to leave for the day. Needless to say, this place said they had another ultrasound lady but she was in a delivery- I could wait if I wanted but they couldn't guarantee when she would be done! Okay I thought...any other options! She asked a midwife to come play around with the machine to see if she could see the sex... So off we go. She did the ultrasound and at one point both of us thought we saw a girl...weird I know (Paul got secretly excited when she said that) but we never got a clear picture...either these women are not very good at ultrasounds or this baby is just STUBBORN! Needless to say, we left a 2nd ultrasound with nothing! More confusion than even before! I was very upset and disappointed you can imagine...maybe we should just let this one be a surprise! What do you all think about that?
So 20 weeks (this was me this morning) and still no official word on what Giddings Baby #2 is!
Paul thinks we should just wait til we get back to Utah to find out- THAT'S 2 MORE MONTHS...Ugh...but he said if I really wanted we could go back again next week and see! I don't know what to do!








8 comments:
Well, that's frustrating! :(
I say go back but maybe in 3 or 4 weeks. That way baby is even more developed so chances may be better and your're not waiting 2 more months!
Aw, that is super annoying!!! I think that you should have it be a surprise!!! That is what I want to do with my first, Josh says I will change my mind when i am pregnant, but we will see. BTW, you look adorable!!!!!
Wow! What a frustrating day! At this point (since I am not sleeping well at all) I would have probably yelled at the poor lady at the front desk, knowing from experience that there is nothing she can do about the situation! If you want to try again when you are in Cali you can go to the place I went to in Costa Mesa. They were soooo good and took a lot of time with me. Not to mention I came home with a ton of great pictures! Good Luck Ash! Miss you tons!!!
Oh I forgot to mention how cute you are looking! I feel like a big blob now!
I say go back next week. That is if you want to find out. Maybe a surprise would be fun? Maybe not.
I wouldn't wait. If I was going to find out anyway - I am not good at waiting...
Dont Wait!! I am a planner and waiting would kill me, especially with the you getting two mixed ultrasounds!! Go back in a couple of weeks and if not then maybe at your drs appt? :) You look way cute!!
Whatever your instict is....it's probably right. Boys are fun, so I hope you have one...but having the same sex as the first is always easy because you have everything already. Don't you have an "official" 20 week ultrasound with your doctor? That should be the most accurate. I absolutley hate waiting for that kind of news, so i hope you find out soon...if that's what you want.
yeah, i had to wait til 21 weeks to find out. annoying. don't make it a surprise. you'd probably regret it in a few weeks when the nesting REALLY sets in. just go back.
Post a Comment