So I spoke too soon...thinking the nausea would only last in the mornings. The nausea has taken over my life this week. 24/7. Food hasn't even seemed to help, not to mention the fact that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING sounds good! I try to keep things together and ENDURE, but it is what it is.
I am grateful for Paul and new friends in the office who have been such a help and answer to prayers. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Speaking of prayers, I have to tell this story. Last night, I broke down in tears to Paul right before going to bed...just tired of feeling so sick! I was laying down, focusing on NOT throwing up all the food I had recently eaten when Paul decided it was time to say prayers. PERFECT I thought! In his prayer he was nice and thoughtful enough to ask our Father in Heaven to bless me with patience to endure this time in my pregnancy. Sweet, right? NO! I rebuked him afterward saying I didn't want to be blessed to endure it...I want it to go away! Please pray for that! I think it is totally okay to pray for healing! Right? Hopefully I have the faith to be blessed with such!
After awhile, I did however see my blessings already... thank goodness I am not as sick as my mom...so far I have been able to keep the food down... I have had so many people offer to help...and Brooklynn is an absolute gem and makes this process as easy as it possibly could be! I love her!
Continuously reminding myself that this is ALL worth it and in the end I will have the greatest joy and blessing.
From here on out I am taking our family one kid at a time...I have NO IDEA how many children we will actually have.
May Funnies
3 months ago








14 comments:
hang in there! only two days till you get to the doctor and get some meds!!! YAYYYYYY!
hopefully your halfway through the sickness...13 weeks you should be better, I know hang in there doesn't make the situation better, you are bringing back all the memories of being pregnant. Staying in bed eating saltines is totally acceptable :) Your lucky to have an amazing husband to help you through it!! Stay strong! xoxo
i'm sorry ash!!!
Congrats Ashley and Paul!! I am happy for you, but do think that the "sweeter" thing would have been for him to bless it to just go away! Hahaha. I feel for you and will keep you in my prayers for a healthy and happy rest of the pregnancy. Miss you and Hope you are having a wonderful summer in Houston.
Your little Brooklyn is just adorable.
Love ya.
Aunt Dari
:-( do you want to fly me out and I will pamper you my little ashley?
Ugh. I know I was so sick in the beginning too, threw up and cried a lot... but I really can't remember it. Does that make you feel any better? I know you know it's worth it, but still. It's hard to see past the sickness and you'll probably vow at least once during this time that this is your last babe, as I did with our first, and then you'll forget all about it all over again come 2nd tri! Ash I'm sorry I wish I was there and could help you! Hang in there! and don't you dare do any more than you absolutely HAVE to do.
Oh, pregnancy has made me so afraid of nausea that I have a secret stash of leftover Zophran. Get some, it will change you life. Does that make me sound like a junky? Anyway, I hope you feel better SOON. And if you need anything, just ask Laura or Claire. They're pushovers. You could probably even get them to clean your toilet. ;-)
congrats on being pregnant that is so exciting. Other than the sickness but like you said so worth it. You guys are the cutest family:)
I can TOTALLY understand. With both my pregnancies I was so sick the entire time, I couldn't keep anything down without prescriptions, so I know how you feel. You're doing great, and you'll love this little person that much more for having to go through all of this. I still tell Parker (my baby) that I'm so glad he's finally here and out of me now! And your comment about taking each child at a time and not knowing how many you'll have, I'm right there with ya! It takes a toll on a family when a mother is sick and needing care. Do your best to eat. At least with pregnancies there is an end date! You can do it!
Yuck! I am so sorry. That is the worst. Hopefully it will end soon.
That sucks that you are so sick:( Hopefully you will feel better sooner rather than later! Hope to hear from you soon
I am so sorry Ashley. Trust me, I feel your pain. I hope that it will go away. Be strong! You can do it. I love you. I wish I was there to help.
hey did the avid blogger go?!?!?
Congrats on baby #2. Having 2 is so much fun. I am guessing you are not feeling too hot because your last post was a while ago. Sorry I hate being prego. Yuck, but worth it. Eat lots of pasta with white sauce and white bread..works for me and lots of french fries.. ha all the real healthy stuff.
Post a Comment