Well if you haven't noticed I have been MIA for quite sometime now! I apologize to all our family who haven't been able to see any recent pictures of Brooklynn lately because I have had such a hard time for the last 8+ weeks! It is an understatement how much you appreciate the blessing of health when you are so miserably sick! To update with the pregnancy I have decent days and bad days and those days are divided up into both extremes of moments where I feel functional and moments where I feel guilty, sad, uncomfortable, nauseous, queasy, just plain old sick. I have officially completed my first trimester, but for me, that does not mean I am in the clear of sickness. I am still on my Zophran (the same medication given to cancer patients when going through chemo), which helps me to keep my food down but there are still many moments where I have to play mind over matter and focus extremely hard not to loose whatever I have eaten. I am quite proud of how strong I have become in controlling my body although it is not easy or comfortable in the slightest. I have been sooooooooooo grateful for Paul's understanding, sympathy and extra help these past several weeks...along with my new friend Joslyn who calls me everyday and has helped in many ways. Our sweet Relief Society out here also brought in some meals to us which was amazing and very much appreciated. Most recently though I have been the most grateful to have my mom here with us! There is nothing like having your own mom around to help and make everything better! I am so blessed with such a sympathetic, nurturing and self-less mom! I cannot begin to describe how nice it has been to have her here! I am dreading the day she leaves...which is rapidly approaching!:(
In other Giddings news this summer has been filled with ups and downs...when is a summer not? But overall I feel incredibly blessed and so proud of the man I married. He is such a hard worker, a positive person and has the biggest heart of gold! I was just talking with my mom the other day about how wonderful Paul is and if I make it to the celestial kingdom one day it will be because of him! He has so many Christlike qualities I desire and hope with his influence one day I will achieve. Sometimes I still wonder how I was so blessed to end up with him for FOREVER! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Now to turn to the one who makes my days worthwhile....Miss Brooklynn, who really has turned into such a big little girl...although she will always be my baby! Her comprehension of things grows leaps and bounds everyday! It is so much fun to teach her new things!She has even been going to nursery lately and loving it! Doesn't cry when we leave and the leaders say she is just a gem! She has sprouted several more teeth...pretty soon she'll have her whole mouth full! She mostly looks like a mini-me, but is full of her dad's personality...goofy faces, laugh, smiles, and all! She can't help but to brighten your day! She is obsessed with books and loves to give the baby in mommy's tummy kisses...complete with sound effects and all...muah! She is also becoming more and more of a daddy's girl. It is the cutest thing to see her say goodbye to Paul in the morning with loves and snuggles around his leg and to run to him at night when he returns (if she is not in bed yet!). During the day she will bring me the phone and say "daddy", which means she wants to call and talk to him, and if by chance my phone rings...she ALWAYS thinks and hopes its daddy! SOOOOO cute! Recently she has also become obsessed with dancing...she'll dance in circles, shimmy her shoulders, clap, bounce, lift her leg up, the works...so we were not surprised to discover she enjoys watching "So You Think You Can Dance" with mommy and daddy! Maybe next year we will start her up in some cute little dance classes!
I have been a slacker in all things since this pregnancy took over my life...and that includes pictures! Here are a few recent ones however:
May Funnies
3 months ago








8 comments:
you posted! welcome back to blogging! hopefully you are surviving the heat. i just got back from utah and want to DIE. let's get together as soon as your mom leaves :(
glad to see a post ashley! cute pictures! i really am so sorry that you have been so sick! i wish i lived closer so i could be of some help. i'm so glad your mom is there. moms just make everything better sometimes, don't they? hang in there! : )
Well, I hope it doesn't last much longer! Glad Kimbur is there to help...I have already summoned her services for me in case I go into labor before my mom gets into town...We find out the sex this week...very exciting and it makes it all seem like the end is getting closer, even though I still have 4 more months. I'm glad your little girl is so easy for you. I'm sure it makes this time so much better, even though I know it sucks! Hang in there....Love ya!
congrats!! i didn't know you guys were expecting another little one! I was the same way pregnant UGH hang in there you already know how worth it is once you make it to the end and get to hold your beautiful baby!! I'm so happy for you both....tell paul hi for me! take care get lots of rest!!!
Poor thing! Just want you to know that I know exactly how you feel! I was the same way with both my pregnancies, zophran and all. It just doesn't seem fair, especially when you hear about women that feel wonderful during pregnancy! Hang in there, the only good thing is that there is a finish line, even though it feels forever away! I know it's really hard to even remember what "normal" feels like, but you want to just feel any better than sick! We do know that it is worth it, there is nothing better than our children :) And Brooklyn is such a doll! You're really blessed to have you Mom there, enjoy!
ugh for pregnacy sickness. I've been thinking about you often! Yeah for Your mom being able to visit! Hope you get a break soon!
OH YOU'RE ALIVE! :-) I WAS GETTING A LITTLE WORRIED! IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YA! I hope things get better and better as time goes by! It will! :-) that video of Brooklyn is hilarious!
Hang in there Ashley! The end result is worth all you've had to go through!
Post a Comment