5.12.2009

Sooner than I thought

So the nausea has already come! The good news is its only bad in the mornings. By noon, I have been feeling better, but HAVE TO have food in my belly at ALL times or I start feeling ill again. The sickness is different so far from what it was with Brookylnn, so hopefully this morning sickness business only lasts for a few weeks! That would make me one happy camper, Paul and Brooklynn too I'm sure! Brooklynn is being a trooper and Paul has really stepped it up in the mornings so that I can stay in bed longer, so not to irritate the nausea by moving.

It is funny how you forget what it felt like to be pregnant. I totally forgot the feeling of nausea until it came back this week! Ugh. I don't remember the uncomfortableness towards the end of pregnancy either...I'm sure I will be reminded however in the months to come.

HOWEVER...

I do remember how amazing it was when we first welcomed Brooklynn into this world. I do remember the closeness I felt with Paul and the love we felt as we held our daughter for the first time! I do remember the excitement that accompanied bringing her home and having our first night together as a family of 3. It makes every sick morning, and uncomfortable night worthwhile!

No doubt though, I hope the next 9 months go by as quickly as possible.
I hope this summer flies by as well. I'm already missing Paul like crazy and we are only in the 3rd week of the summer. Is it too soon to start a count down to the end of summer?

6 comments:

Aarean Jergensen said...

yes it is to early to have a countdown!!! It hasn't even started. haha ugh i am sorry you already are feeling sick?!?! This is why I am living vicariously through you brave ones who get prego...as for me...my time will come but I am not in a rush! haha :-)

Tristen said...

Have I told you congratulations yet?! I feel like, retrospectively, having a second child was the best thing that we ever did...which is how I know we'll feel the same about #3. It really is amazing how you forget because now I've been not nauseous for a few months, for the life of me I can't remember it but I AM starting to remember the third trimester, and it's dumb how shocking it has been to me to have a huge bowling ball midsection again... :) It's not like I didn't just do this, twice actually. It's like that amazing miracle of birth just wipes it all away and makes it all so worth it that you just completely forget what your body had to go through to bring them to this world. Anyways, thanks for sharing, you echoed my thoughts exactly. What a miracle children are in our lives.

Good luck making it through the summer, I've been counting down semesters our whole marriage, it's all worth it for the breaks!!

Jamie said...

i'm sorry you are already feeling sick. that is no fun, but like you said...so worth it! : )

The Alspach's said...

Congratulations on number 2!!! I can't believe it that is so awesome! It makes Brooklyn seem even older now that one more is on the way! Maybe since the morning sickness sounds like its not as bad as it was with brooklyn this one is a boy I really think the myth about being less sick with boys is true! That would be so fun if Linkin has a little buddy! I can't wait to come see you guys in Huston. Miss Ya

Lana said...

Ashley, I was waiting for this news and I am so happy for you three. I'm sorry that the nausea has already set in and I hope it doesn't last long.
Brooklynn sure has changed. She is growing up so fast. She is a sweetheart. I am so glad to hear that things are going well and that you are having a good time, even if you do miss your hubby!
Love you!

jenna said...

i disagree with jess unfortunately. i was growing a little boy and was disgustingly ill. sounds like you might be getting worse then with miss B......so i predict boy!!
:)