8.07.2008

Don't let the bed bugs bite!

The other night, I had finished giving Brooklynn a bath and we were continuing with our normal evening routine- getting her in her pj's on our bed when I noticed this lizard looking thing on our wall above our bed. I freaked out! I grabbed the camera so that I could show Paul later. Turns out it was a gecko...and apparently they can camouflage themselves and so this gecko looked a little translucent trying to hide into our white walls... Paul came home a little while later so I went to show him this thing on our wall but it was gone! Then I really started to freak out...where the heck did it go? Was it in our bed? Brooklynn's bed? I wanted to find it and have Paul get it out of the house...so he got a flashlight and we scanned our room EVERYWHERE...but it was nowhere to be found! All night I was worried I would wake up to it crawling on my legs or something...luckily we have not seen it again, but it still creeps me out even thinking about it. Gotta love Texas!

3 comments:

Lana said...

K-I was getting all crazy just reading about that. I would have freaked out! How funny. Good story.

Rowley's said...

Do you ever see the geckos we had in California? Anyway, I can understand how you could be freaked out, but if it make you feel any better, they're harmless. I don't like the thought of them being in my bed though!

The Turley Times said...

Ya know, the geckos are good. In Hawaii whenever we saw geckos we hardly ever saw cockroaches. So, take your pick! So, they are your friends, trust me...but yes, they can look pretty creepy.