
brings the greatest happiness even in moments of complete melancholy. Most of you know my life has been pretty
crazy lately, to say the least. The last two weeks were particularly challenging for me and it seemed like each new day brought another new challenge. Call me overly-sensitive, expecting too much or dramatic...I am just a woman with an endless fountain of
emotions. Those emotions came to a strong
peek last Saturday and I fell to my knees in the middle of my family room and literally
sobbed like a baby (it was a much needed "good cry"). My
sweet Brooklynn, who was contently playing with her house, walked over to me and put her head on my chest and her arms around me, and just stayed there for what seemed like an eternity! She knew mommy was sad and the only thing in that moment that could help dissolve the
ache in my heart was
EXACTLY what Brooklynn did. But how did she know? It was an
unbelievable experience that I never want to forget. Her
unconditional love, compassion, and appreciation was felt beyond belief and for that brief instance,
I felt on top of the world! I
absolutely love her with all of my
HEART! And can't imagine our family or life without her tender spirit! She truly is a gift from God and a marvelous blessing!
6 comments:
that is the sweetest thing ever! How do i get Josh to do that when I start crying?!?! haha no but really, I think little ones have a very keen sense of how people are feeling. She is the cutest thing...I hope you are feeling a little better, a little less overwhelmed!?! Let me know if you need anything...do you need help packing stuff away for your move?!
I just LOVE that little Brooklynn Girl! She is such a sweet heart and that is such a wonderful moment you had with her. Love you Ash! And as always, let me know if you need anything at all!
that is one of the sweetest things i have ever heard. what a sweet little spirit.. our heavenly father know exactly who and what we need when we need it doesn't he? and don't feel alone with feeling like you are a fountain of endless emotion.. i'm exactly the same way, and sometimes a good cry is the only thing that helps you gain control of your life again! cute little story, thanks for sharing.. what a beautiful, sweetheart of a daughter you have.
talk about emotional...i started crying while reading this! i'm such a whimp! hope you are feeling a little less stressed. that little girl is a sweetheart.
There's nothing like the love of your children. Even when they are 26. ;)
That is so sweet. Skylee was my rock whenever Ryan was gone out to sea, especially since I've been pregnant. It's amazing how compassionate little people can be! I got teary-eyed reading this post becuase I've had the same experiences and know how truly wonderful and unforgettable they are. What a sweet heart! They all don't come that precious!
Post a Comment