2.13.2009

it's official...

We are going to...drumroll please...Houston, TX this summer! I am really excited. Hopefully it will be cooler than San Antonio because its closer to the coast, but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that we don't experience any hurricanes. That would make for quite the summer experience I'm sure!

Paul is so pumped about his office this year. He's got so many quality guys and he's really excited about working with Mike, who is also very pumped! My brother, Ryan, will be coming with us too so it should be fun (well at least for Brooklynn and I).

Packing will be interesting as we will be taking off as soon as I finish my last final! (packing and studying...wow...I might be a complete mess) (Ironic how in the same moment I will become less stressed and busy, Paul becomes more stressed and busy!) Plus for those of you who don't know we are currently living in a condo on the third floor! So not fun for Paul to go up and down and up and down three flights of stairs! I'm apologizing in advance to anyone who helps him out (most likely the Alspach...good thing you guys are so strong!)

I invite all to come visit!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

how exciting! but i do wish you were coming to dallas instead of houston : ) houston is about a 4.5 hour drive for us, darn! welcome back to texas {soon}!

The Girl said...

Thats exciting! I hope your classes go well. Not to burst your bubble and I may be wrong....but I have heard that Houston is more humid than San Antonio. So it might seem just as hot. I hope Im wrong :) But at least you will have water close! Good luck with everything!

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

How fun! We went on a cruise out of Houston. They are pretty cheap if your hubby gets any time off (or maybe at the end). :)

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

I wish we were going to Houston! My grandparents live there, so i have been there a few times and it is so humid.. You walk outside and your already wet.. But it is sooo beautiful ou there and galvastan isnt too far away so you can go to the beach :) Good luck this summer with everything!

The Alspach's said...

Houston is going to be so awesome! I would love to go there! If you need any help packing or watching Brooklyn I would love to help you just let me know!

Whit said...

Oh AShley... I am sorry it is WAY humid there in the summer. Just enjoy the pool.

BUT they have an AWESOME mall in the galleria area. They have fantastic trees, and tons of places to eat. You will have a great time - even though the weather will be sticky.

Meradith said...

I for one KNOW I will be coming to visit you girl! And we will do lots of pool lounging with our beeebies. Doesn't it feel like the summer just ended? And here we are a few months away from starting another. Paul will do awesome. And I totally relate to your last post as well- NEVER a dull moment. Sometimes I just want to crawl under my bed where no one can find me and sleep for a few days.

Unknown said...

Hey Ashley! So you guys are going to Houston eh?? That will be fun! My mom's whole family lives there. There are a lot of fun things to do there. I really like the galleria too! but like everone else said... Houston is sooooooo humid.... you will have to stay close to the pool for sure! Have fun!