1.28.2009

on a brighter note







My 1 year stats:

- 19 lbs. 12 oz. (29th percentile) Just a little thing
- 30 inches tall (79th percentile) I'm tall...what a surprise!
- 46 cm. Head circumference (77th percentile) So I have a big head...at least I have hair!

Look what I can do:

- Walk along furniture
- Walk with a push cart
- Stand on my own
- Stand up on my own
- Clap
- Play peek-a-boo and "So big"
- Point
- Feed myself Cheerios and whatever else my mom will give me
- Hold a sippy cup by myself
- Say "mama" and "dada"
- Recognize people and places

Some fun facts about me:

- I LOVE the bath.
- I love to suck the water out of the washcloth in the bath.
- I often sit on the ground and spin in a circle using only my legs.
- I love to dance by bouncing up and down.
- I am a happy, happy girl... I have a smile that lights up the room!
- I have a birth mark on the back of my neck...at my hairline.
- I have 2 cute dimples on the same cheek.
- I have really long eyelashes like my daddy!
- I'm in a big-girl carseat now and I love being able to see everything!
- I am all over my crib when I sleep and I sleep a ton (16+ hours per day)!
- I love my new desk chair Gran gave me...its probably my most favorite toy right now. I love to stand on it and bring all my other toys with me while I sit or stand on it.
- I put everything in my mouth...gotta see if it taste good.
- I am pretty much over the binki but I do like it to fall asleep SOMETIMES...but my mom is unable to use it to "shush" me...which means I'm probably going to loose it forever soon.
- I love my pink silky blanket.
- I love to play with my mom's hair.
- I crawl really fast
- I have already lived in 4 different homes in 3 different states (Ut, Ca, Tx).
- I have flown on an airplane 10 times!
- I follow my mom wherever she goes around the house...I especially love it when she is in the kitchen...I have to be under her feet at all times!
- I love to look through the front load washer and dryer.
- I love playing with my soft, cozy PJs.
- I love to pull clothes out of the laundry basket.
- My new favorite find is my daddy's guitar, although I know he doesn't like me playing with it.
- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE books and can help turn the pages.
- Cell phones and remotes are so fun for me to play with and I try to sneek them whenever mom and dad aren't looking.
- I'm into everything...don't turn your back for a second!
- I have 5 teeth!
- My crazy hair is starting to mellow out.
- I wear size three shoes, 12-18 month shirts and pants (although I also still fit into 6-12 month tops).
- My nails grow really fast!
- I LOVE animals...especially Veronica, Puma, and Scout!
- My mom calls me "pretty girl", "sweet pea", "sweetheart", "girlfriend" and "bugaboo" BUT NEVER "Brooke" or "Brookie"...
- I have light brown hair and greenish/brownish eyes...nobody's really sure what color they actually are.
- I have lots of little friends...girls and boys. I especially think little Quinn Rammell and Carder Lloyd are so, so cute!
- I have a large family already:
- 5 Great Grandmas
- 3 Great Grandpas
- 3 Grandmas
- 2 Grandpas
- 5 Aunts
- 6 Uncles
- 4 Cousins
I even had one Great, Great Grandma that I got to meet but she passed away this last year when I was 3 months old :(

5 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

She is so adorable!

A Erickson said...

Great stats! Love it! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

A Erickson said...

Oops...forgot an N...Brooklynn!

Dan~Kerst~Bree~Bryce~Braden~Briggs~Brooklyn said...

She is going to be so happy you wrote all that down for her. She is adorable. Brace yourself the next few years go even faster! :)

jenna said...

Love you b!!! Ash my phone is on The fritz! Love you. Games monday?