1.10.2009

Happy New Year!

Well we are back at home in good ol' Utah! Boy did we return to cold, cold weather and lots and lots of snow! Our first week back was a little crazy trying to get settled and back into a routine...actually we are still trying to figure out our routine. Mom drove back with us so she could come see Grandma, whom we were able to see as well. We also got to see my cousin Ben and his adorable family. We went to Logan Sunday evening to spend time with the Giddings and see Dad before he left again for DC. Always great to see them. We also got to be here for the birth of handsome Mr. Quinn (my dear friend Jenna's baby). I kept telling her he was just waiting for us to get back to Utah to come and the day we got back he was born! 11:49 pm New Years Eve! It was quite the exciting night and he seriously is the handsomest little boy I have ever seen!

In the meantime, I have started my last classes on campus. This is a little confusing to all so let me explain. When we left Utah this last summer for California, the plan was to buy a home in California and NOT come back to Utah. With this plan in mind, I wanted to walk at graduation from BYU since I wouldn't be here again to have the opportunity to do so. And then finish up my 5 classes via Independent Study. Well we all know how the Independent Study goes...I didn't do them. Then our plans changed and we have decided to stay in Utah for at least 5 more years, so we are now in the process of trying to buy a home out here. And since we are back in Utah, I decided it would be easier to finish my courses on campus, so here I am. I have classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Paul is watching Brooklynn on Mondays, my best friend, Stephanie, is watching her on Wednesdays, and Fridays are currently go with the flow...yesterday my brother, Ryan, watched her cause he didn't have to work. I might have to take her to class with me sometimes but we will see. So come April I will officially have my college degree! Its pretty exciting, but at the same time really overwhelming with an almost one year old that I miss so dearly while I'm in class.

So other than classes, Paul's work, planning B's first birthday party, preparing to watch my brother and sisters-in-law all next weekend, keeping a clean house, cooking dinner, trying to make it to the gym, looking for a house, and trying to stay warm, life is pretty much the same here at the Giddings'!

We had such an amazing 2008. And we are looking forward to 2009 being even greater. So, I have set a few New Year's goals:
- Daily personal prayer
- Daily personal scripture study (before I turn the computer on)
- Attend the temple once a month with Paul
- Read to Brooklynn every night
- Hold my college diploma in hand
- Think more before I speak...be kinder with my words
- Let more things roll off my back
- Buy our first house
- Look into baby #2 (not pregnant yet...not even trying just yet mom)
- Read a biography about our new historical President (I did not vote for him, but I am a firm believer in supporting elected officials. I respect history in the making and although we may not all believe in his opinions, we can respect the President of the United States, and I want to know more about him)
- Help Paul recruit at least 3 guys for his office.
- Be so supportive, and a non-complaining summer program wife.
- Finish reading the Twilight series


This is little Mr. Quinn. Isn't he just perfect!?


Thank you daddy for my long eyelashes!


Brooklynn got an early birthday gift...a big girl carseat! I can't believe how big she is getting and how old she is. She has lost her baby look. She is really starting to look like a toddler and it makes me so sad.


It was -6 the other day when we went to Logan. I had never been in negative weather before so I had to take a picture, sorry its so blurry.


Our beautiful little girl before church. Can't get enough of her...but you already knew that huh?

6 comments:

jenna said...

i love that B! Can't wait to see her again SOON!

Meradith said...

Good for you for finishing school Ash! I had no idea. It was challenging being a mom and finishing but you will be so glad you did. And that dress is TO DIE FOR. Shocker. She is so adorable!

Meradith said...

PS I can watch her any Friday you need:) P.P.S. New years was really fun with you guys. We loved it. Let's do it again soon! (Not necessarily new years, just hang out:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment. And I will make sure I pass along your message to Tonya and Taisia.

You are such a cute mom. Brooklyn is beautiful, and you always dress her so cute.

Rowley's said...

What great goals you have for 2009! Some of them sound awfully similar to mine : ) I guess everyone can always get better at the spiritual aspect of life! I can't believe Brooklyn is almost one! She is such a sweet girl, and I would totally help watch her if I live down that way, while you are in school. Unfortunately I live in the -6 weather! The HIGH was -2 one of the days last week... I'm not a fan! It's good to hear your doing well! Good luck in school and buying your home!

Lana said...

Ash, I just got caught up for the last month. It was really fun to read!
We will be there Saturday. We wouldn't miss it!!!
Love, Lana