9.30.2008

Brooklynn's Tricks

Each day is a new, exciting and progressing day for Brooklynn. I wanted to record all of the little tricks she does now for memory sake... She understands the words "Hi" and "Bye-bye" now so she'll wave her little hand (facing her of course), but it is the cutest thing. She can also clap her hands! Since she has started to crawl...we always clap for her when she gets what she was crawling towards, so now she will clap for herself. The other day Auntie Stephy was watching her and she said that after every time Brooklynn would get on her hands and knees she would sit back up and clap, and do that over and over again. So funny how and what little babies pick up on. When I put my hands out to pick her up, she'll reach for me now. She finds spitting the absolutely most hilarious thing in the world...even if we try to get tough with her and tell her not to, she thinks that is funny too. And she spits EVERYTIME she eats. That's my sign she is done eating. She understands object permanence now, so she loves to play peek-a-boo. If something is blocking her view to see you, she will tilt her head sideways and lean until she can see you. She does the same thing with mirrors- we'll play peek-a-boo with herself in the mirror and when she can't see herself in the mirror anymore, she'll tilt her head sideways and lean until she can. That is also the cutest thing ever! She loves and knows her daddy...if I say, "Where's Daddy?" She'll move her head and eyes to look right at him- and a smile follows of course. Obviously since she is starting to crawl, she can rollover both ways, onto both sides, and sit up. But this has actually been a pain in my side lately, because at night when she starts tossing and turning she sometimes will end up sitting straight up and because she has not yet figured out how to lay back down, she will cry until I come and lay her back down. But I totally understand her frustration...who likes or wants to sleep sitting straight up and down?? Since she started doing that she also started pulling herself up on the side of her bed, so we had to lower it! But she has also started to pull herself up on furniture. She loves to stand...in fact, sometimes she wants to stand so bad she will literally refuse to sit, by locking her legs straight. Her hair is starting to get long enough for me to try new hairstyles. I just bought some hair rubber bands yesterday to start doing ponytails and maybe some pigtails soon. We are in desperate need of a high chair because she can now get out of her Bumbo, but Paul doesn't want to move it (neither do I), so we're not going to buy one until we get back to Utah. Lastly, because she is crawling a little bit now I will find her in the strangest places sometimes...i.e. the pictures below, under the kitchen table chewing on my phone charger (don't worry it wasn't plug in and then I took it away), and under the coffee table. The joys of motherhood! I love every moment.



3 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so fun! Charlie is doing a lot of that too, and the benefits mostly outweigh the drawbacks. Today at the doctor's office, he got stuck under all the chairs and had to be rescued! She is still a doll.

Kate Call said...

i can't wait to see her in person.. she was so tiny when you left.. now she is looking so alert and full of personality! she seriously is too cute

The Batchelders said...

How fun! She is doing the cutest things. We are excited to be able to see you guys again.