In typical Utah/Mormon style, Halloween was celebrated on Saturday the 30th, since the actual holiday fell on a Sunday and can you believe that Friday was a great day and Sunday was a BEAUTIFUL day, but Saturday it rained like cats and dogs and the wind was so strong, an umbrella was pretty much useless. Poor Maylee didn't even get out of the car, and Brooklynn went to two homes (or rather two cars cause our neighborhood did more of a trunk-or-treat). She was so excited though to have her little bit of candy in her pumpkin- which of course she ate one right after the other that evening, but I didn't mind because it was only 5 pieces. But with the holiday being rained out, I was happy I didn't really go ALL out this year (not like I ever really do- I'm not much of a Halloween person).

Brooklynn the witch and Maylee the giraffe.



The tail was the best part.
After our brief trick-or-treating, we went to a neighbor's house for their annual hot dog roast. We got to visit with friends and eat some food
(hooray for not having to make dinner that night!).
Then the giraffe fell asleep in my arms so we went home and vegged the night away :)

Hopefully next year the weather will cooperate and Maylee will be walking then so I'm sure it will be more fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment