11.17.2010

Florida Here We Come

It's been a whirlwind week to say the least. Paul has been doing business in Florida for the last several months and has traveled about 2 weeks there, 2 weeks home, and so forth. So, after much contemplation, prayer, and talks, we decided to take the plunge and move to Florida, Orlando area to be exact. But in order to do so we needed to rent out our home in Utah first. We advertised it and found some great renters rather quickly but at the last minute they backed out. Advertising comensed again. Days went by and then weeks went by with a few nibbles but nothing solid. I was beginning to think this move would not happen until at least the new year because let's be honest, few people move during the holidays, and my poor husband would have to continue traveling back and forth and perhaps miss out on some holiday celebrations with his girls. But to my surprise last Tuesday night, as I was preparing my girls for bed, my phone rang. A nice lady asked if our home was still available and if she could come check it out in about 30 minutes. I said sure (just enough time for me to straighten up the place). 30 minutes later I was giving her the grand tour and she wanted it! The kicker was she wanted to move in on Friday. After she realized that my husband was out of town (he's been in Florida for the past 10 days) and I'd have to do the move on my own, she said she could figure out a place to stay over the weekend, but would want to move in on Monday. The next day (Wednesday), paperwork was signed, rent and deposit were paid and the packing began! Thanks to great family and friends and an AMAzING ward it all got done and we are all moved out! My sweet cousin, Lana, is letting the girls and I stay with her untl Paul gets back into town next week. Afterwhich, we will be spending the holiday with the Giddings and then taking off to Orlando AS A FAMILY, TOGETHER, AT LAST!

The move is bitter sweet. I'm sad to leave my home, my neighbors, my friends, and family but happy to be with my Paul, happy for my girls to see their dad, everyday and night! Excited to have Christmas with just my little family of 4 for the first time. Excited to experience a new place and to take my girls to Disneyworld. I'm sure the void of missing Utah will be filled with new Florida adventures. As much as I love my house and the people that surround me there, I have learned that home really is where your family is. And I'm excited for the 4 of us to be together again everyday.

3 comments:

Elder Johnson said...

We're sure gonna miss you and your cute family! Have fun in Florida.

Kristin said...

wow. thats great that you were so accomodating for that lady. i am sure she is grateful to have found a place she was able to move into so quickly. and how blessed you are to have such a support system. have fun in florida! my sister live in st augustine. the very north part. ill be there for christmas :)

Whit said...

Big move... goodness. But you will have so much fun and many memories since it will be the 4 of you for a while. Hope you guys had a great Thanks Giving!!