This year is going by so fast... I can hardly believe it. And the older I get, the more I notice myself saying that. My Grandpa used to say, "The closer you get to the end of the toilet paper roll, the faster it goes!" That's totally how life feels now that I've reached my mid 20's. I find myself constantly contemplating when I got so old. I swear just yesterday I was shopping for a prom dress...and it was THE MOST important thing going on in my life...oh the days when life was much more simple right? Anyways, to the more important reason for this post... Miss Maylee Kate! She is 9 months old already- I am now starting to think about plans for her first birthday- too bad it is SO close to Christmas. I feel bad. I feel like she will HATE her birthday (the date that is). I think we will celebrate her 1st birthday and then celebrate her half birthday- in June- from here on out. So, mostly for my own keepsake, here is what this little stinker is up to these days:
- She is a FAST army crawler, but can't figure out crawling on her knees yet. She will get up on her knees and rock, but then lay flat to start crawling.
- I'm loving her scrunched nose smile.
- She refuses to keep a headband bow in her hair- pulls it down the second I walk away from her, so I have resorted to this tiny, pathetic ponytail on the top of her head so I can put a little clip in and call her a girl :)
- She yells and screams SO LOUD- especially when she doesn't get what she wants or sister has taken a toy away from her.
- She eats like a champ (2-3 baby jars per feeding), plus still nursing once when she wakes up and once before she goes to bed at night.
- She LOVES the bath- flaps her wings in excitement and anticipation the moment I start filling the tub.
- She still has her same AMAZING sleep habits.
- Still NO teeth, but the slobber, drool, and occasional running nose rear their ugly heads frequently.
- Still size 2 diapers and 6-9 month clothing.
- She is a little pistol but we LOVE her.
- More and more people are saying she looks like Paul, and we agree :) But she and Brooklynn do have a lot of similarities...which is to be expected.


Here is that scrunch-nose smile.

She isn't really pulling herself up to the couch, or holding on and walking along. I forced her for this pose and I barely had enough time to click the photo before she tumbled to the floor.




Scrunch-nose smile again!
No comments:
Post a Comment