3.12.2010

Quick Trip to California

CAUTION!!!! Picture overload....

We were fortunate enough to take a little trip down to California this last week to visit our family and introduce Miss Maylee Kate to some of her Great-Grandparents. I enjoyed every moment I had to spend with family. And I know that they devoured every moment with my two girls! They are so loved and we are really blessed. We took lots of pictures to send to Uncle Skyler on his mission so that he doesn't miss out on these moments (only 5 more months until he comes home!)

My brother Ryan is THEE BEST uncle...Brooklynn adores him!

Grandma snuggles! The best!
Grandpa enjoying breakfast with Brooklynn...he is in the middle of his busiest time (tax season) so morning breakfast was his time with the B.
Being the cheese ball that she is.
A Brooklynn-May design...yes I made this onesie and I love it!
Out to dinner with Great-Grammy Lynn (she is the reason why we spell Brooklynn's name with 2 "n"s). It was a great night for Grammy and we were glad we got to see her.
More Grandma snuggles...think my mom can get enough...? NO...NEVER!
Meeting Great Grammy Lynn for the first time.

Playing and sharing her carebear with cousin Violet.
The server here was so intrigued with Josh and Paul being twins that he kept asking questions....are they (referring to B and V) cousins? Are you guys brothers or twins? Yes, it's true...the boys are kind of a freak of nature when out in public together.

Uncle Joshie is such a great uncle too. B was a little shy at first (as she always is) when seeing 2 daddies. She always knows who is who, but she has this strange draw to Joshie and he soaks it up. Thanks for adoring Brooklynn Joshie...the feeling is mutual!

Love her smile...she does it all the time now! She loves to have all eyes on her with lots of attention...keeps her smiling and happy! In this shot, Uncle Ryan was making her grin from ear to ear!
Loving her daddy...
Paul will hate that I posted this picture, but I think he looks sexy...profile and all! And besides look at Maylee just gazing into her daddy's eyes.
Hanging out at Grandpa's office, saying goodbye! :'(
Grandpa loved that B just came right into his office (while he was with some clients) and sat on his lap....get her to work early!
Smiling at Grandpa....my dad loves babies...it is so cute!
Meeting Great Grandma and Grandpa Giddings for the first time!


Playing trucks at Great Grandma and Grandpa Giddings'
Searching for the Kitty Cat...
Yes, she loves wearing my shoes...heels don't' scare her. She is such a girl!
Love my beautiful sister!
Hanging out together Sunday evening...wish we could do that more often. Cody enjoyed jamming with Paul on the guitar!
We were able to see my cousin Tera and her two boys, Dane and Jack...it had been years since we had! Once Dane warmed up to us all the kids had fun playing together.
I was so excited to see all these girls! We all went to high school together and it has been years since we have seen each other AT THE SAME TIME! Way before we were all married and had kids. It was a great lunch....so nice to catch up and get a few pictures. While I was eating my lunch I realized all the girls had their babies on their laps while eating, so I had to sneek a pic. My Maylee was sleeping in the swing and Brooklynn was so distracted watching Mickey Mouse in the TV that I was the only one with two free hands at that moment.
My two girls...grrr...Brooklynn always has her hands in her mouth!
All of our kiddos together...can you guess who goes to who?
Group shot...treasured moment! Love you all! Thanks for making the time to get together while I was there...we will have to do it again!
Poor Uncle Cody always has the pictures with a crying baby...I'm sorry bud.
Uncle Ryan loving his niece.

Smiling for Uncle Ryan...again. I'm telling you, my girls just LOVE my brother...he will be a great dad...Someday!
Coloring with Grandma after FINALLY eating her dinner....thanks to Grandma for pulling out all the stops to get Brooklynn to eat those meat and potatoes! MMMmm...yummy in the tummy!
Once again...he is just the best. So helpful and at any opportunity he had, he was holding Maylee or playing with Brooklynn.
Love my older brother, Ryan!

XOXXOOX to all the family. Thanks for the great visit...Can't wait until the next one!

1 comment:

RYAN RIDLEY said...

another great post Ash with awesome pictures. I am so glad you guys got to come down and visit. it was a lot of fun. Cant wait to see you all again! ILY!