GIRL!!
After a fourth ultrasound, we finally have 100% confirmation that Brooklynn is going to have a little SISTER!
I was in shock, I think I have since recovered, but I was convinced this baby was a boy! Now that I know it is indeed a girl however, all signs point to girl... I am carrying the same as I did with Brooklynn and everything about this pregnancy has so far mirrored my first with B. And apparently Brooklynn has known all along that she was having a baby sister, not a baby brother! Whenever she would talk to the baby in mommy's tummy she would say "sister"...I assumed it was because whenever we talked about the baby we would tell her she is going to be a BIG SISTER... but when I would ask her if it was a brother she would say no...
Anyways, at the ultrasound yesterday, right after the tech confirmed it was a girl, Brooklynn pointed to the monitor where we could see the baby and she said, "Baby sister!" It was the cutest thing, the tech couldn't believe it and neither could Paul and I! The timing was perfect!
While Paul and I would be happy with either gender, Paul is beyond thrilled to have two little girls! You should have seen his face! And I think it will be much easier for the two of us to agree on a girls name rather than a boys...we could not find a boy name we loved for the life of us! Girl names however come much easier...the trick is to agree on it! (But let me let you in on a little secret....I guarantee that after nine months of pregnancy..3 of those months being miserable sick...10+ hours of labor, and pushing a baby out...my Paul will agree on whatever name I love!) But I promise I wouldn't pick a name that he didn't like!
So now that we know this baby's gender the planning can officially begin...I'm sure what Paul is most thrilled about is that we have all girl things and my shopping will be limited! I'm fine with that, I can alter my budgeting now and have more money to decorate other rooms in our new house! Oh but we are so excited to have two little girls...matching outfits every once in awhile...and of course daddy's little girls! (He has already seen dollar signs for weddings in the future..haha)
Based on all the ultrasound measurements, they were saying due date of January 6th..only a day off of the original January 7th due date...BUT we plan and hope to have this baby no later than the 29th of December for insurance and tax purposes...want to be in and out of the hospital before the new year! Brooklynn was 8 days early so I don't think its much of a stretch...but we shall see! It's gonna be here before I know it (at least once this blasted summer and extension are finally over!!)








12 comments:
yeah for girls...and they'll be so close in age! How fun!
Yeah for baby girls!
woot woot!
i was wrong. but still excited.
I am so excited for you guys! I am really excited that we have a chance to finally be related...hehehe! We'll plan the wedding and tell our kids later! Yay!!!
Congrats! :o)
congrats ash!
Congratulations! Two girls will be so much fun.
Congrats!!! How exciting! What are your names?? :)
Congrats! Two girls will be SOOOO fun! I'm a little jealous :)
yay you guys finally know!! I dont know how you have been so patient i would have been dyin by now if i were you!! How fun to have little girls that will be close in age...they will be best friends! Congrats to both you and paul!! :)
congrats!!!! yall are such a cute little family!
tagged you on my blog! not like you'll freaking see it!
Post a Comment