9.07.2009

My baby...growing up!

I couldn't just pick one picture cause I love them all...so you get them all.

Our little Brooklynn all ready for church yesterday and she looked so grown up. Makes me a little sad, but I guess she is about to be a "Big Sister" and growing up comes with the territory!

She is beginning all the "typicals" of her age...a little sassiness (have no idea where that comes from), whining when she doesn't get what she wants, super independent, helpful, the works...

Along with her growing up, mommy and daddy finally eliminated her Binky! Yes I know, about time! She only had one left, which was her favorite, and it had been through the works! The nipple had torn half way off and when Paul went to put her to bed the other night he said, "Ashley, do you know what is going to happen? She is going to suck this completely off in the middle of the night and choke herself and we are going to wake up to a blue baby!" A little morbid, I know...but it scared me enough to get up right then, get the scissors, and cut the Binky! Brooklynn threw it in the trash herself and we said "All Gone!" She was fine with it at first, but then we put her to bed.... She was crying and saying "A Binky! A Binky!" After about 30 minutes of this I went and got her and snuggled with her in our bed til she fell asleep....I was a little nervous the next day for naps and bed thinking she would have more meltdowns...surprisingly the first night was also the last night! She has been fine ever since! She will still ask for it but I'll say "Brooklynn where is your Binky?" And she will respond..."Trash!" Yep...it's ALL GONE! Hooray! I had no idea it would be that easy..And although Paul's thought was scary I am grateful for it!

Oh my...can't imagine how grown up she will look this time next year!











3 comments:

Rowley's said...

She is too cute! They grow up SO fast! Nate loves the name Brooklynn, but we haven't decided just yet because picking a name is so dang hard!!! Well it is for us because Nate vetos almost every name I throw at him. But Ashley, we will not use that name if you would like us not to. I haven't said much to him about that name because I wanted to check with you first!

Mom :) said...

She looks so grown up. I can't wait to see you guys!

Brit n' Ryan said...

Oh, she really is just so cute! Honestly she reminds me so much of my little girl. Ryan even thought that the picture of B at the heading of your blog before it changed, was Skylee. Same coloring I guess. She is getting so big, and a total cutie!