It's finally beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
We finally went and got a Christmas tree on Monday. We picked the 2nd one Paul held up...I think we were all in a hurry to just get one and go home. It was so cold when we went..made it feel more like winter and Christmas! Then yesterday Paul and I put all the lights on it and when the kids and mom got home we decorated it. Paul put on a few ornaments and then was done...hmmm...he was much more spirited with Mama's tree. Anyways, we were almost finished decorating and two light strands went out! We were so mad! We did everything to try to get them to work again but no luck. So today I get to take all the ornaments off and my dad is going to bring home new lights and we get to do the whole process all over again! Doesn' that sound fun!!? I usually love decorating the tree...but once a year is enough. We were all so bummed. I guess I am also a little worn out. I am not used to doing something every minute of everyday. I feel that much more grateful for my mom over these last few weeks with all that she has on her plate. She is like the energizer bunny...she keeps going, and going, and going! I'm simply not a great substitute for her big shoes but I am doing my best. Needless to say, I am ready for Christmas to be here...relaxation and fun!
Paul and I are both from southern California, however, we met in May of 2005 in Memphis, TN. Paul was selling Pest Control and I was living with an Aunt and Uncle for the summer. We met in the tiny singles branch and it was pretty much love at first sight. To say it was meant to be is an understatement. We were engaged by September and married in the San Diego Temple in November that same year. We are the proud parents of THREE beautiful little girls. Brooklynn Merie came to us in January of 2008, Maylee Kate came right before Christmas of 2009, and Lyla Belle just joined our family in April of this year. They are the light and happiness of our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment