7.17.2008

Bye Bye California

Most everyone knows now that we left California and moved to San Antonio, TX for the remainder of the summer and the extension. It was a hard decision and sad to leave my family behind, but we are hoping San Antonio will be a better area for Paul's office. We are so grateful for my family and all their help, love, and support. It was so great to spend the last several months with them, and for Brooklynn to really get to know everyone. She started off a momma's girl but by the time we left she would go to anyone and everyone! Brooklynn and I will be going back to Cali at the end of August for Skyler's mission farewell, but Paul will not be able to make it, so this was his good-bye to Skyler for two whole years! Still can't believe he is leaving on a mission. We have promised to show Brooklynn many pictures of her Uncle Skyler over the next two years so she won't forget him. She just loves her Uncle Skyler so much and we will all miss him! Just like we already miss all the fam in California.

More to come about San Antonio, but so far we really like it! There is so much to do here, oh but wait...no one to do it with. Bummer.


This is the family, only missing Ryan. Last picture together for awhile. Ah...tear drop.

Paul and Skyler...last time together for two years.

7 comments:

Ashley&Nathan Speaker said...

I know how you feel with so many things to do and no one to do it with.. My best friend is working all the time and I don't want to do it by myself.. I hope you guys have fun in Texas, we'll probably see you in a month or so :) By the way, your family is so CUTE! And Brooklynn is adorable!!

The Turley Times said...

Wow! I didn't know a thing about your latest venture! We have friends from Hawaii that live outside San Antonio and love it. How long will you be there? I really like Texas, so hopefully you will too! Good Luck!

Lana said...

That must be really hard to say goodbye to Skyler and it is probably hard for him to leave little miss Brooklynn! I hope you are settling in good. I need to call you in the next day or two to see how things are going. I miss you!

Jolene said...

Wow, San Antonio? My sister-in-law has family there and loves to visit. She said she likes it there too. Good luck with the new area...I'm sure you'll make friends fast. ...and thanks for the compliment. You look great too, but then again, you always do :) Brooklynn is adorable!!

The Batchelders said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while, and suddenly you guys have moved! I hope things are going all right. I'm sad for you to not be in California, but it is probably exciting and a growing experience to go to a new place also. I think that Paul might have called Barrett a little while ago, and who knows if he called back. I told him to, but I don't know what the deal is with him not answering his phone and not calling people back. Let me assure you, he does this to everyone. We wish we lived closer to you guys.

Amber said...

Thanks for the update, Sure hope all is well, I bet Brooklynn is getting so big. Brody is 11 months now and time flyies by so fast. Best of luck to ALL of YOU!
Love ya, Amber & Co.

The Stradling 5 said...

I'm missing all of you already! I hope things go well for you in Texas. And, I'm excited for Skyler to start an amazing adventure and experience. We wish him the best, too. Love you all!