7.29.2011

Keeping Busy

Brooklynn has quite the life for a 3 year old. She now has an activity everyday and she loves it!

She has started her first dance class of ballet, tap and a little tumbling.
She loves feeling like a ballerina and always wearing those tu-tus.
She listens EXTREMELY well and has a memory just like I did at her age!
Swimming lessons have commenced as well.
She is slowly but surely making progress.
She has finally relaxed on her back and puts her face in the water.
She went all the way under a few weeks back for the first time- and wouldn't you know it, it was the first time that Paul took her instead of me, so I missed it :(
She still has an issue/insecurity with her ears being in the water, but her teacher said she is going to start pushing her.
Otherwise, she loves learning to swim.

With it being summer time we get to do a lot of hanging out with Grandma and Auntie's.
This day she went with us and got her first pedicure!
She changes her clothes about 50 times a day LITERALLY.
She switches between all her dress up clothes, and princess t-shirts, and pj's.
This day she added the bow and enjoyed dancing in Auntie Shayna's room.
She is SO girly- and I really have no idea where she gets that from, because I was so NOT girly.
She loves dresses, and purses, and barbies, and polly pockets.
She is loving nursery at church, especially since sister gets to go with her now.
That cabbage patch doll is named "Princess Palace" and she goes everywhere with B.



Next month, Brooklynn starts preschool and she is beyond thrilled! We are excited for her. She is ready to learn and socialize :)

In other news, Brooklynn is still my sensitive, tender-hearted, happy, easy -going girl. She eats very little, and cleans-up very little (we're working on it). But I've become very laxed in a lot of things trying to let go of my need for perfection at all times. It's okay, if her hair is in her face and she looks like an orphan...and it's okay if the house stays a mess all day :)

She still drinks most of her calories, saying she is thirsty all day long.
She says the darndest things and remembers everything!
She still has a hard time with her hair being brushed, but refuses to let me cut it because she LOVES her repunzal hair! Although she no longer has problems with getting it washed! One step at a time I guess.

She recently has taken an interest in playing games and wants to be swimming or outside whenever she can.

She has started a little attitude at times, which I nip in the butt immediately!
She loves to help cook and mow the lawn and play on the piano.
What I love about her most is her tender heart- she is always so concerned for people's feelings and well being.

The other day I was outside swimming with the girls and got stung by a bee for the first time. No joke, Brooklynn nursed me back to my normal self, held ice on the swelling and snuggled, kisssed, and stayed by my side until she was certain I'd be okay...all the while saying, "It's okay mom... I love you mom. Do you feel better. I'll make it feel better." So sweet.

We love our Brooklynn; her spunk, her love of life and people and her messiness!

No comments: