9.07.2010

Sisters...sisters!

Brooklynn will be 3 in January and time is flying. These days she is:
- Obsessed with bracelets...and wearing them both on her wrists and ankles.
- In love with her flip flops because of the sound they make.
- Sleeping with shoes on sometimes.
- Sleeping with a million other things in bed with her...i.e. books, dolls, shoes, the works!
- Counting to ten in Spanish (thanks Dora).
- Loving to wear my shoes/jewelry/clothes...anything mommy really.
- ALL GIRL! Wants to wear princess dresses and dance like a ballerina.
- Not playing with her bath toys...she washes/cleans them and then lines them up on the side of the tub for me to dry off and put away.
- SO emotional... I hear this is what I have to look forward to with girls :)
- Weighing in at 25 lbs...a little petite.
- Loving to eat Maylee's baby food.
- Obsessed with asking me what time it is, even though she has no idea what that means.
- Loves to play with her friends.

Maylee is now 8 months old and:
- Weighing in at a whopping' 14 lbs...another petite little thing!
- Screaming LOUDLY.
- Shaking her head back and forth like Shamu...so adorable.
- Moving around a room in every possible position you can imagine, except on her hands and knees.
- Loving her baby food...especially likes for me to mix in with her cereal.
- Nursing 3x a day.
- Sleeping like a champ- 14 hours at night, plus two 2 hour naps during the day.
- Has the longest tongue I've ever seen on a baby and is ALWAYS sticking it out.
- Wearing size 2 diapers still.
- Is such a happy and content baby.


These Two laugh, bathe, smile, take pictures, cry, and play TOGETHER. I really hope this is the start to a beautiful, healthy, lasting sister relationship! I am anxious, as I am sure Brooklynn is, for Maylee to get a little bit older and walking so that they can really be playmates. I envision disagreements in the future for sure, but a lot of wonderful moments together as well.










** Do you notice that most of my pictures are of the girls in their PJ's...that's reality folks...we rarely get out of them :)

5 comments:

Tiffanie White said...

they are SO SO CUTE!!! Hilarie and I were only 14 months apart and always best friends and still are... Its awesome they are close enough for that, and you're right, they will have their moments but hopefully more happy ones!! LOVE all the pictures! I can't believe how big they are both getting and that Maylee is 8 months already, seems like you just had her!

Rachel said...

Charlie washes his bath toys too! He always washes his duckie and then he says "I NEED A TOWEL" and then dries off the duck's eyes, just like he does with his own when we wash his hair. Oh, and my not-quite 4 month old is closer to the weight of your three year old than your 8 month old. Life isn't fair, haha.

Elder Ridley said...

Yep, you all like them jammies ?)
So cute I hate that I'm so far away and don't get to see them everyday. This is a gift though to be somewhat up to date with blogs and Skype.
For those small blessing I am grateful.
Can't wait to see you all at the end of the month.
MoM

Jamie said...

how fun! you really make me excited about having two girls! they are just darling, ash!

Amelia said...

So sweet! Brooklynn is amazingly tan?! Crazy! And they are so petite! my sister in law's 1 year old is just 16 lbs. So tiny!