I know it has been some time since my last post so there are lots of things to catch up on...Halloween being the first. Brooklynn was Minnie Mouse this year and a darn cute one if I do say so myself! Gramps and Gran gave her an I Love NY Minnie Mouse awhile back and she has become obsessed with it so that is where the idea came for her to dress up as her favorite character! She surprisingly did really well with the entire costume too! She left the ears on, never touched the eyeliner on her nose and kept clean! We practiced over and over again knocking on the door and saying "Trick-or-treat" and she was so cute at it, but when it came time to actually knock on doors she became completely silent when the people would answer. She would just hand them her pumpkin for candy! And boy was she excited to eat the candy later, but daddy only allowed 1...but I am pretty sure mommy snuck her a few more that night! Paul and I took her to a nearby neighborhood and we went to about 10 houses...that was plenty enough for her! Later that night we had Steph and Mike and also Shea and Cameron over for dinner and a scary movie. I had bought tons of candy thinking we would get at least a few trick-or-treaters but we only got one door bell ring! Therefore we had quite a few leftover candies! I guess our neighborhood is too new and people were not sure if there were more vacancies or homeowners...oh well, maybe we will have some more next year!
Once again, holidays are much more fun now with a little one!
Paul and I are both from southern California, however, we met in May of 2005 in Memphis, TN. Paul was selling Pest Control and I was living with an Aunt and Uncle for the summer. We met in the tiny singles branch and it was pretty much love at first sight. To say it was meant to be is an understatement. We were engaged by September and married in the San Diego Temple in November that same year. We are the proud parents of THREE beautiful little girls. Brooklynn Merie came to us in January of 2008, Maylee Kate came right before Christmas of 2009, and Lyla Belle just joined our family in April of this year. They are the light and happiness of our lives!
1 comment:
SOOO darling of a costume!!
Post a Comment