11.14.2009

Brooklynn, Brooklynn, Brooklynn

This little girl is the love of our lives. It truly is hard to believe that we can love another as much as we do her (although everyone says we will...and I DO believe them). I always felt very comfortable and confident in my mothering skills of an infant and really the first year of life, now however, I have less and less answers. I tell all my friends that each new age is filled with both ups and downs, conveniences and inconveniences, but nonetheless, each stage of life in your own child's existence is a gift and a blessing! Brooklynn is no exception. While for the most part she is a gem, she also has moments that try my patience. Her new favorite phrase is "I don't want to." That is just lovely! She loves to make a mess at EVERY meal and can be a challenge at times too. But she melts my heart too. She loves to say prayers with mommy and daddy...say "AMEN" really loud, snuggle, give baby sister kisses, tell us she loves us, go shopping with mommy, tell mommy she looks pretty, repeat anything and EVERYTHING we say...and SOOOO much more! She has adjusted to a toddler bed, with only a few dramatic thumps off the bed...one being last night! She is just such a wild sleeper! When she wakes up she will just knock on her own door and say "Hey!" "Hey!" to get our attention and come get her. It is really cute! We bought her a potty thinking she was just about ready to potty train, but it turned into more of a toy to her, so we put it away and will be giving her a little more time with those diapers! She is getting better and better at letting me do her hair, as long as I can keep her distracted with something she will sit still! She loves "mommy's tub", although the jets scare her. She is well aware when she, or anyone else for that matter, is a "naked jay bird", she is obsessed with her binki (yes again) and blankie and stickers! She loves Barney, Elmo, and Baby Einstein, oh and Puma of course (Steph's cat).

She has become a little more clingy to me lately, I think she is sensing that our family will be growing here soon and she will have to share me, but for the mean time I will enjoy it. However, her attachment to me is becoming a challenge when we go to drop her off at nursery...hopefully that will change sometime soon. Paul thinks we should start leaving her with strangers (like Young woman babysitters) more so she gets used to others... I say fine with me!

Overall she is a typical almost 2 year old and we could not love her more...








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Her outfits are THE cutest!!! I can so relate with meal time. Addie thinks throwing every piece on the ground is fun, it drives me nuts!! They are just too darn cute to get mad at though. Glad you are settled in your new place :)