5.03.2008

BYU Graduation

So following Brooklynn's blessing, we got to engage in the festivities of my BYU graduation in Home and Family Living. Thursday evening was the big ceremony with all the graduates in the Marriott center, where we were graced to hear from Elder Bednar. Then Friday morning was the School of Family Life Convocation in the Wilkinson Ballroom where I got to walk across the stage and hear my name read. It was fun...not as exciting as high school graduation where you are sitted with many friends, but nonetheless a big accomplishment that I am proud of..especially after I finish my last couple of Independent Study Classes..but at least I was able to participate in the ceremonies before leaving Utah..which we did a few hours after the ceremony. It was a whirlwind weekend, but so glad our families were there to witness it and celebrate with us.. Now on to bigger things...Real life!

2 comments:

Lana said...

I am so proud of you Ashley! That is a really big accomplishment and I think it amazing that you finished and especially doing it while you were pregnant and had a new baby. Congratulations!!!

Amelia said...

Yea! Congratulations! Isn't it awesome to graduate from University, and right to motherhood! :) Just what I did too! Congrats again!