6.17.2010

Ryan and Brooke's Wedding

On June 5th, Ryan and Brooke were married in the San Diego Temple for time and all eternity. It was a beautiful sealing and I am so glad that we were able to be there to witness it. I love attending sealings because it reminds me of the day I said, "YES" to Paul. The feelings there are so special and the love is so strong. You can literally feel the presence of those passed before you and those who will come after you...the linking of generations is truly an unbelievable blessing :) I know that families are forever and I am grateful for that knowledge.

Later that day they had a ring ceremony, a dinner and reception at my parents house. The tacos they served were to die for...I could have eaten 20 of those things, but I did refrain. Their colors were yellow and grey. It was a breathtaking combination. Everything Brooke did was gorgeous. I loved it all. I wish I could have enjoyed every moment more fully, but I still had to be a mom that day.

Overall I was most grateful to see my brother so in love, so happy. We have all waited a long time for this day, BUT it was sure worth the wait. So proud and happy for them both! I love you guys.

All the pictures that Amy Clark took were amazing! I couldn't decide on just one, so you get them all!
















** I didn't take my camera out for a single picture that day (gives you some idea of how busy it was) so all the following pictures are borrowed from others who did...thanks :)


This is what the temple looked like on their special day...scaffolding EVERYWHERE!
The happy couple
I heard the cake was delicious...although I never got a chance to have a bite.

Her dress was GORGEOUS!!!

Coming out of the temple as Mr. and Mrs. Ridley!
(It's still weird to me that Brooke's last name is Ridley now and mine isn't)

Class of 2002 representing... I gave these boys a hard time that I was the only one holding a baby! But both Austin and Chris' wives are expecting :) Happy for them both and their cute wives.
Love this picture of my Paul William, capturing all the destruction of the get away car.
My new sister, Brooke, and I...love her to pieces! Couldn't ask for a better sister-in-law. I am really happy with my brothers choice. And SO glad she and I are good friends! :)
Love these two...can't believe how grown up they are!
Me with the handsome Best Man...my little (or shall I say younger) brother, Cody.
What a ham. She didn't sit still the ENTIRE day...therefore she crashed in about a minute that night...along with Mommy!
Love the light in this picture.Waiting for the ring ceremony to begin.

Cute picture idea.
The lovebirds themselves....both above and below! :)


Crazy Grandma and B...can you see the exhaustion in Brooklynn's eyes? She started to slowly fade by the end of the night...
Dancing with the Bride and Groom... Aunt Brooke and Uncle Ryan. Undoubtedly two of her favorite people! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ugh so pretty! I love her dress...:-) and your girls are so dang cute. I agree!