6.30.2010

Our Grown Brooklynn


This girl is growing like a weed...right before our very eyes. She amazes us on a daily basis. She is mostly a happy, go lucky, smiley girl, with the daily whining of a two year old...almost two and a half! She loves being a big sister, especially now that Maylee is more interactive. I can't wait until Maylee can walk and these two can really start to play together. :) They just love each other.

Recent Brooklynn News:
- Still sleeping in her crib for her 1 nap a day (2-3 hours) and at night for 12 hours.
- We just painted her furniture white, but still have A LOT to do to her room.
- She has an INCREDIBLE memory.
- She sings so many songs.
- She loves to play games.
- She is obsessed with her new stroller and always wants to take walks.
- She loves to give Maylee her binki.
- She loves our splash park and is so careful climbing in and out of the river.
- She is still super attached to her blankets at bedtime and her sippy cups during the day.
- Tells us when she needs a diaper change or says, "I'm fine" if she doesn't need one.
- She knows how to spell her name!
- She is starting to recognize the letters in the alphabet and numbers.
- She loves to draw and can draw lines for her name, a circle, a triangle and a square.
- She likes to eat at the big table with mom and dad.
- She had her first real haircut.
- She has a recent obsession with collecting rocks and with her rubber duckies.
- She is the queen negotiator... "Just one more", "This is the last one, okay?".
- She HATES having her hair brushed...cries, and sometimes screams...when the tangles are really bad....but the girl seems to ALWAYS have something stuck in her hair that makes it so dang tangled!
- If I get upset and yell at Paul (say when I am trying to make dinner, while holding a hungry crying Maylee and listening to Brooklynn whine for some apple juice, while Paul is sitting on the couch watching the Soup) she calmly says, "Mommy, don't scream at daddy!" Talk about guilt. Ouch!


I'm sure I'm missing a ton of things, so I'll add them as they come to my mind.

No comments: