Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who voted and helped!
Miss Maylee is THEE BABY IDOL of 97.1 ZHT!
Miss Maylee is THEE BABY IDOL of 97.1 ZHT!
1st Place:
Our grand prize winnings include:A Dream Nursery from Babinski
and A YEAR SUPPLY of diapers and baby needs
(in the form of a $50 gift card, every week for a year).
An estimated prize winning of $5,000.
The story:
I went to bed Thursday night pretty bummed because I hadn't heard anything about us making the top 3. (The website said the top 3 would be invited in-studio to announce the winner and runner ups LIVE on air at 8 am Friday morning. I assumed this meant me driving to their studio in Salk Lake, hence they would have had to give me notice the night before)
I set my alarm for 7:45 am because I still wanted to listen to who won,
BUT....
at 7:15 am, Friday morning my phone rang. They said,
"Ashley, this is 97.1 ZHT, you made the top 3 on baby idol!"
I jumped up and responded,
"Your kidding!"
They said, "No, will you hold please?"
Of course my excitement woke Paul up and together we were grinning from ear to ear.
After a few minutes we were connected to the live air.
The hosts said they would announce the winners in 3-2-1 order.
(our number was # 238)
He said 3 was # 566...
Paul and I's excitement increased rapidly...
2 was # 632...
And then before he could even say our number I was "Wahooing" with joy!
They then congratulated me and told everyone her name is Maylee Kate.
They jokingly asked me if I knew who the father was
(Odd, yes I thought so too)
and I told them, "Of course, my wonderful husband, Paul"
They all laughed and we screamed with excitement again!
Still can't believe it!
We are beyond thrilled.
I will for sure post pictures of our nursery...Before and After.
Thanks again for all the love, help, and support...especially those of you who went above and beyond!









6 comments:
This is so incredibly exciting, I've never won anything like that before! I'm so happy for you guys! And now I'm glad that I voted with all four of my email addresses and with all of Ken's, several times! Congratulations!
Congrats that is awesome!
Yip Yip yippidy-do-da!
So excited for you.
Can't wait to see the damage.
Congrats! Talk about saving money for the next year! Very exciting.
Sweet!!! Lucky ducks! That will be great. Can't wait to see the pictures.
This really is an awesome win Ash! Loved hearing the scoop firsthand, congrats again! And, I LOVED catching up yesterday! Thanks so much for coming and seeing us, it was so fun chatting and letting the munchkins play. We will definitely be making it a more regular thing! Thanks again for the diapers too!:) Maylee and Brooklynn are little angels. We loved having you!
Post a Comment