10.27.2009

Cruise to the Bahamas

Well Tuesday night we headed out for our drive to California to drop little miss B off with the fam while Paul and I went on the Northstar cruise to the Bahamas! The drive was nothing compared to our recent 30 hour trek from Texas. Brooklynn was excited to see everyone and Paul was too since it had been over 6 months since Paul had seen my family. Then Wednesday night we left on a red eye flight out of LAX for Florida. It was another long, uncomfortable night but we made it safe and sound to the cruise ship early Thursday morning. We spent pretty much the entire first day on the cruise catching up on our much needed sleep!

Our first stop was in Freeport where we were able to rent some scooters and a car to drive to the beach and spend some time in the beautiful water. We walked around some shops and had some lunch as well. But Saturday was the stop we had been waiting for...Nassau...or in other words the Atlantis Resort! We were able to get a great deal on a day pass at the resort and spent the entire time at the beach, the water park, the lagoon, the aquariums! It was a great time and something I had always wanted to do! Ever since I saw Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's movie Holiday in the Sun, I have wanted to go to the Atlantis! It was an amazing place! Of course if I wasn't pregnant I probably would have had that much more fun but it was still great. Paul and I plan to return again one day with our kids and next time swim with the dolphins as well! Sunday on the cruise ship we relaxed and slept a lot again...watching movies in our cabin and enjoying each others company! It was a lot of much need R&R. We were happy though to return home last night to our beautiful baby Brooklynn! We had missed her so much! I know she was in great hands and she enjoyed every moment with the fam! Thank you so much to all of them for helping us out with her so that Paul and I could enjoy our vacation together!

I unfortunately forgot our battery charger for our camera so our pictures are slim, so sad...but at least we have the memories!



Joshie with his goofy yellow helmet for the scooters.

Oh Brandon matched!

Paul had to drive on the left side of the road with the driver seat on the right side of the car...totally trippy but we were safe!

The beautiful water!

My sexy man.

The silly boys...Nathan, Josh, Blake, Paul, and Brandon.

We missed you Brooklynn!

The boys and their silly jumps!



Superman Josh.

Paul's shorts were a little see-through and stuck to those buns!




All the boys again.



Me, Paul, Brett and EJ at formal dinner night.

Mrs. and Mr. Giddings

Paul and Jay

Atlantis here we come!

Almost got a Limo ride...they tricked us!

In the taxi on the way to the Atlantis.

The girls (Claire, me, Cassie and Ashley) with Benie...our taxi driver who hooked us up!

In front of the Atlantis...what a belly!
BAHAMA MAMA!

6 comments:

jenna said...

looks like fun! wish we could have come :( funny ashley and nathan were there too....no idea! tried calling you today, let's talk soon!

got me all excited for our cruise!

Lana said...

Ashley, that cruise looked super fun! I am so happy you guys are back. I have been waiting and waiting...
I have missed you!!
Brooklynn has grown SO much! She really looks like a little girl instead of a toddler. I love her!
You look beautiful with this pregnancy just like the first one.
I am so happy for you that you are having another girl. That will be adorable! I voted for a name and it looked like that name was winning!

Can't wait to see you! I love you.

The Ericksons said...

I bet you guys are so happy to be home again. It looks like you had a great time on your trip. Did you go snorkeling at all? The best snorkeling we've ever done was in Nassau- love that place. We need to get together one day soon.

Meradith said...

Cute pics Ash! I wish we could have hung while on the islands seeing that we were at the same place! Lame we didn't run into each other. You are so cute with that belly. Pregnancy really does suit you. :)

Unknown said...

okay three things:
1. way to get back to the blogging world...great posts!
2. what the crap...brett olsen?!?!?! I haven't seen him since high school!
weird.
3. I agree you are one hot bahama mama...and that vacation looks amazing. i wanna go!

Tiffanie White said...

Looks like so much fun! That is SO NICE that you guys got a vacation before baby #2 comes :) And a break after a long hard summer too! I can't wait to go on a cruise with my hubby! I'll need to get suggestions of WHICH one when its my turn :)