2.22.2008

A Moment Back in Time

Daddy's first time holding her.
Grandma holding her first grandbaby for the first time too!
After her first bath with cute bows in her hair.
What mommy and baby do best- SLEEP!
Grandma and Grandpa together. I love this picture!
A brief re-cap on the day Brooklynn was born....
I awoke at 4:45 am because my water broke. I woke Paul up informing him it was time and then he ran down the hall to awake and inform my mom. We calmly arrived at American Fork Hospital at 5:30 am. Since my water had broke but I had not progressed any they started me on the drip, which began such intense contractions I threw-up a few times. I went natural for about 5 hours but then finally received the big shot around 9:30 am. That begun the restfulness of the day. I slept while Paul and mom watched movies. Paul's mom and Papa arrived around 1:30 pm in anticipation that I would have already had her- not the case. We began to worry I might have to have a C-section because I was not progressing on my own and the drip was causing too intense of contractions for the baby and her heart rate so they were going to monitor me for one more hour and then make a decision. Fifteen minutes after being told this I began to feel that urge to push. Luckily my Dr. walked in right about this time- 5:00 pm- to check me. I was finally at a 10 and we could prepare for the delivery of baby Brooklynn! I sobbed I was so happy. 5 contractions and 24 minutes later she finally graced us with her presence- after 13 hours of labor. It was the most amazing experience of my life. Such a beautiful day and wonderful memory. Not only was I instantly in love with our little girl but I fell more in love with my husband Paul as we welcomed a part of us together and I felt a greater love and appreciation for my own mom as I became one myself!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

You seemed to have caught on to the blogging! Your blog looks great!

Holli said...

Brooklynn is so cute...How is being a mama treating you???